Last weekend, my wife and I went over to Kansas City so I could attend my employer's Holiday Party. On my way to the luncheon, it was a clear and bright day. The trip from Independence where we were staying and Overland Park, where the party was reminded me of how thankful I am to have a job that permits me to commute from one bedroom to the other to get to work.
I also got another, far more signifcant reminder. As I traveled south on Metcalf Avenue in OP, there is a cemetery just south of College. As I drove past, I saw three people gathered at a grave, their arms around one another, looking at the headstone.
As I considered their grief, the Spirit whispered to me, "This is the true meaning of the event you are headed to celebrate."
Death is not the end. Because of the Baby whose birth we are celebrating at this time of year, and the sacrifice on our behalf that He performed...death is a new beginning. We can indeed have our loved ones back in the worlds to come.
Gloria In Excelsis Deo! Come let us adore him, yet again. The first and greatest Christmas present of all. Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the World, and the Best Friend Forever of all of us.
How I love Him!
A Master Class In Trolling [Updated]
9 hours ago

1 comment:
This is a great post and so comforting and true. I lost 3 loved ones in the last 8 weeks so the birth of the Savior is extra meaningful to me this year.
I'm glad you were able to see the temple lot here in KC...
Post a Comment